Nutanix is all about making the datacenter infrastructure invisible and that means reducing the users dependancy on the infrastructure administrator/s.
Self service file restores is another step towards this is Nutanix new functionality which allows users to perform self service restores of files without the intervention of the Nutanix administrator.
This feature is also designed for departmental or multi-tenant environments as it restricts access to only the appropriate snapshots for the specific virtual machine.
This functionality comes courtesy of the Nutanix Guest Tools (NGT) which will continue to provide increasing functionality over time, but for now, backup/restores are just a little bit easier and one less thing for infrastructure administrators to worry about.
Related .NEXT 2016 Posts
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – All Flash Everywhere!
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Acropolis File Services
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Acropolis X-Fit
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Any node can be storage only
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Metro Availability Witness
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – PRISM integrated Network configuration for AHV
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Enhanced & Adaptive Compression
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Acropolis Block Services
- What’s .NEXT 2016 – Self Service Restore